Senior Process Engineer
Rangelander since 2002
Kevin has worked as a senior process engineer on numerous Rangeland projects. He brings confidence, accuracy and a wealth of experience to our team.
With more than 50-years experience as a process engineer consulting and operating in the oil and gas industry, Kevin is Rangeland’s most experienced team member and Lead Estimator. His hands-on knowledge includes petrochemical, heavy oil gas treating, and NGL recovery and fractionation, including turbo-expander plants.
With his broad experience across diverse markets and in a variety of roles, Kevin brings an expansive view of how to optimize project outcomes and delivers risk-adjusted, highly accurate project cost estimates.
Kevin has been responsible for the preparation of project capital and operating costs in the range of $50 million to $400 million utilizing AspenTech ACCE, Est$Pro, National Estimator, and Rangeland’s in-house database of costs and costing procedures.
Kevin holds a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of Montreal (1950); Bachelor of Chemical Engineering from McGill University (1952) and a Masters of Chemical Engineering from the University of Calgary (1973).
I’m a believer in Warren Buffet’s philosophy—far more important than the ‘bottom line’ are all the important details that determine what will be the bottom line.
– Kevin Milne, Senior Process Engineer
- Capital and operations cost estimating
- Project development
- Gas processing
- NGL recovery, fractionation and treating
- Turbo-expander plants, refrigeration
- Sulfur recovery
- Salt cavern storage
- Procedure writing
- Cost estimator | Redwater Fractionation Site II, Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- Cost estimator | Edmonton Rail Terminal, Kinder Morgan Canada
- Cost estimator | Redwater Condensate Off-loading Rail Terminal, Provident Energy Ltd.
- Cost estimator and process engineer | Ethylene Storage, Pembina NGL Corporation
- Cost estimator | C3+ Bypass Program, Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- Process engineer | Project Diamond, Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) and British Columbia (APEGBC)
- Canadian Gas Processors Suppliers Association (CGPSA) (past President and Director)