Rangelander since 2005
Roy has honed his expertise over four decades of project management, construction management and engineering experience, working on large-scale projects both domestically and internationally. He brings unparalleled insight into all areas of the project development cycle, from initial conceptualization, through to FEED, and onto full-detailed engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning.
With a straight-forward approach and open communication, he expertly cultivates lasting relationships with clients, and stewards his project teams towards success.
Though he has a background in a variety of industries, his primary focus has been oil and gas where he has worked in pipelines, product handling, rail and truck terminals, and salt cavern storage. He was Rangeland’s senior project manager for the Edmonton Rail Terminal project, the largest crude oil loading facilities in North America.
Roy holds a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Queens University (1971).
Every project is a puzzle. Every job is different. The key is identifying the elements that are critical to success.
– Roy Mathis, Director of Projects
- NGL recovery and processing facilities
- Salt cavern storage
- Crude oil transportation
- Rail car loading /unloading facilities
- Concept design
- Detail engineering
- Project management
- Process control
- Construction management
- Project execution planning
- Constructability reviews
- Risk management
- Quality control procedures and documentation
- Senior project manager | Edmonton Rail Terminal, Kinder Morgan
- Senior project manager | Redwater Condensate Terminal, Pembina NGL Corporation
- Project manager | Midale Truck Terminal, Plains Midstream Canada
Previous Work Experience
- Project engineer | Dampier to Perth Pipeline, State Energy Commission Western Australia (SECWA)
- Project team leader | Al Dahiya Offshore Oil Development, Abu Dhabi Company for Oil Production (ADCO)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)