Assistant Manager of Engineering
Rangelander since 2014
Pat is committed to building lasting relationships with clients and colleagues, taking the time to understand their unique needs. He is a skilled team player who is able to bring together his team to solve the most complex challenges.
Pat brings more than twenty-seven years of civil/ structural engineering experience in buildings, industrial complexes, oil and gas facilities, refineries and construction. As a recognized leader in heavy concrete design, he brings an industry-unique skillset and innovative structural solutions to our clients.
As assistant manager of engineering, he oversees the design and detailing of oil and gas structural building components using steel and concrete. He works closely with his clients and other design disciplines throughout the project lifecycle, establishing and maintaining long-lasting relationships and mentoring young up-and-comers.
Pat holds a Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering from the University of Calgary (1987) and a Diploma of Technology (Honours) in Civil Engineering Technology from the Southern Alberta Institute of Alberta (1982).
“Everyday, I have opportunities to motivate highly talented professionals that are designing optimal solutions for our clients’ unique needs. Everyone is very receptive to my input and each is a new experience which I look forward to.
– Pat Romerman, P. Eng., Assistant Manager of Engineering
- Civil/structural conceptual design
- Detailed steel and concrete design and detailing
- Industrial building structural design (incl. overhead cranes)
- Civil structural lead | Edmonton Rail Terminal, Kinder Morgan Canada
- Civil structural lead | Fort Saskatchewan Plant Expansion, Plains Midstream Canada
- Civil structural lead | C3+ Bypass Program, Pembina Pipeline Corporation
Additional Work Experience
- Civil structural lead | PFS Rail Facility, Plains Midstream Canada
- Civil structural lead | Strachan Sulphur Handling Expansion, Keyera Corporation
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), British Columbia (APEGBC), Saskatchewan (APEGS), Nova Scotia (Engineers Nova Scotia)
- Northwest Territories and Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists (NAPEG)
- Canadian Society for Civil Engineering