Rangelander since 2013
An energetic and natural leader, Ghulam meets the most complex challenges head-on with a focus on creative problem solving and learning opportunities. Clients value his eye for details and his commitment to quality.
As mechanical manager, Ghulam is involved in conceptual design, FEED and detailed engineering design. His experience spans a wide variety of projects, from revamping to debottlenecking to large-size green field projects.
Ghulam has worked for more than 15 years as a mechanical engineer in oil and gas, petrochemical and manufacturing. He has held progressive leadership positions as intermediate and senior mechanical engineer lead on various projects in NGL, heavy oil production for oil sands and SAGD, gas plants, pipelines and pump stations. He effectively manages multiple engineering project milestones and deliverables while managing risk and ensuring quality standards are always met. He puts his natural leadership abilities to work, continuously cultivating learning opportunities for his team members while volunteering as a mentor for those just getting into the industry.
Ghulam holds a Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (2010) from the University of Calgary and a Bachelor of Education in Mechanical Engineering from the NED University of Engineering and Technology in Pakistan (1999).
There is a strong belief at Rangeland that there is not just one solution to any problem. This broadens our perspective and empowers us to always strive for better.
– Ghulam Mustafa, P. Eng., M. Eng., Mechanical Manager
- Mechanical, rotating, thermal and static equipment
- Engineering design specifications
- Procedure development o Technical integrity/value engineering
- Mechanical equipment risk management
- Vendor and site mechanical equipment support
- Mechanical engineer lead | Fort Saskatchewan Plant Expansion, Plains Midstream Canada
- Mechanical engineer | Redwater Fractionation Site II, Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- Mechanical engineer | Edmonton Rail Terminal, Kinder Morgan Canada
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)